Patients who have their procedures performed at Coral Gables Surgery Center enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking and a streamlined registration process. CGSC offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, comfort, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at CGSC will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do After Surgery …
- Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to pick you up at the Center, drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the Center in a taxi or public transportation.
- Before you leave the Center, you will be given the written instructions for your care at home. Please make sure to follow these instructions.
- After you have returned home, be sure to follow your doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. Unless directed otherwise, you should start your diet with clear liquids. In four to six hours you can begin to eat solid foods. By the next day, you should be back to your normal diet. It is not unusual to feel a little sleepy, lightheaded or dizzy for several hours after your operation. Do not sign any important papers or make any significant decisions for at least 24 hours.
- If you have any questions or problems after the surgery, please contact your doctor.
- A nurse from the Coral Gables Surgery Center will phone you the day after your surgery to see how you are and answer any additional questions you might have.
- Do not drive, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.