Patients who have their procedures performed at Coral Gables Surgery Center enjoy the convenience of a centrally located facility with easily accessible parking and a streamlined registration process. CGSC offers an inviting and comfortable environment designed for efficiency, comfort, safety, and privacy. Patients can rest assured that the friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals at CGSC will treat them with the utmost care and respect throughout their procedure, as outcomes and patient satisfaction are the true measures of our success.
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Contact the center with any questions.
What To Do The Day Of Surgery …
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
- Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all makeup. Do not use lotions or oils after bathing.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweat suits and easy to button shirts or blouses that are big enough to accommodate a large bandage after surgery. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash, at home. We cannot be responsible for damaged or lost property.
- Please arrive one hour before you scheduled procedure
- A nurse will provide you with a patient gown. A locker will be provided to secure your clothing. We will also check your temperature, blood pressure and pulse and ask you to empty you bladder before surgery.
- If our schedule permits, our nurses may allow one family member to wait with you after you have been prepared for surgery. We must provide for all our patients privacy, so this may not be possible.